Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Jew Year

On Christmas, Jews eat Chinese food and go to the movies. So what do non-Jews do tonight? Might I suggest a bit of schadenfreude for your vagina (vaginfreude?) by watching the premiere of the TLC reality series 17 Kids and Counting, in which Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and their family prepare for the birth of their 18th child. In a huge slap in the face to the woman that birthed them, each child has a name that begins with J, like dad. Today, the family revealed on The Today Show that number 18 will be a girl, so I am pulling for Jeanette.

In fact, I would encourage you all to watch The Today Show interview by clicking here. It's funny to watch Michelle Duggar live, as she inserts as many pro-Jesus comments as possible, causing Ann Curry and everyone else in America who prefers making decisions for themself to cringe. The hole gang was gathered outside a church in Florida where the eldest child, Joshua (20), was married this weekend. Unfortunately, Joshua and his wife Anna (20), were off on their honeymoon, squashing all hope I had of Ann asking them what it was like losing their virginity. I KNOW! I'M SORRY! I'M SICK! But come on, these folks sure do have interesting beliefs...



3 comments:

Pat Sandora said...

This is why we keep having Republicans in office. Family's having 18 Jesus-loving babies who all vote the same way.

Vote No to Duggars.

Yes to Jon & Kate Plus 8.

Anonymous said...

I had to look up the definition of schadenfreude. Having done so, I must say you used it in perfect context - and the variation works especially well.

Marissa Leigh said...

hahaha i love that your mother had to look this up... obviously she hasn't seen avenue q!!!!