Monday, December 22, 2008

Joy to the Television

Happy Holidays, Tubers. Here in no particular order are some television tidbits for the holiday season.

Firstly, if you haven't already been doing so, tune into ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas. It's a great place to catch some claymation favorites and play a rousing round of Guess Which Drugs These Stop Motion Animators from the Sixties were on. Acid for the win. Just don't watch THE POLAR EXPRESS. CGI Tom Hanks haunts my dreams, always. Especially as that creepy Santa Claus. Whoever heard of a bitchy Santa in a Christmas movie.

Secondly, I love me some Christmas, but I also can't wait for it to be over so I don't have to see any more grossly anti-feminist diamond commercials, particularly this one from Kay Jewelers.



Really? You're sorry your signing still isn't very good? Maybe before you expect someone to be so head over heals for you, you should have a fluent language in common. Or did you already learn the sign for "Where's my dinner, bitch" and "Blow me," so you think you're good? If this isn't enough to prevent you from being a Kay customer, remember, they're so cheap because they're blood diamonds.

And finally, today's New York Post featured Christmas cards sent by celebrities. Please look below for the most scrumdiddlyumptiously appropriate card, sent by Boob Tuber favorite, James Lipton.



A Deja Gout of Leftovers?! Oh, you crack me up Jimmy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't see how this commercial is anti-feminist...at all.